INVESTIGATIONS INTERMEDIATE • THREE-DAY INSTRUCTOR-LED COURSE
Nuix Foundations – Investigations is a three-day classroom-based training course intended to take an examiner new to the Nuix Investigator tool through techniques in creating cases, processing file data and analyzing evidence more efficiently. Students will learn all procedures to successfully create an investigations case and review the many preprocessing options for ingesting different formats of unstructured data and forensic images. Students will learn the functionality available within the tool to view, search, filter, tag, visualize and export data for reporting. Advanced topics will also expose students to the Ruby scripting capabilities to cull through volumes of data seamlessly. The course will conclude with Nuix Visual Analytics to perform timeline and geo-tagging analysis for tagging, exporting and reporting purposes.
DURING THIS THREE-DAY CLASS PARTICIPANTS WILL:
- Review Nuix configuration options • Install and configure Nuix Investigator
- Review case creation options and Mime type settings
- Define Metadata profiles and Filtering functionality
- Recognize menu functions and data viewing options
- Analyze Microsoft Office objects, graphic files, web cache and common Windows artifacts
- Perform basic and advanced searches across file data and Nuix metadata extractions
- Describe the Named Entity and Near Duplicate functionality
- Nuix Visual Analytics to perform various functions relating to What, Where, When, and Who
- Review Nuix scripting capabilities and build basic scripts to use against case data
- Explorer Nuix export options and reporting capabilities. The class includes multiple hands-on labs that allow students to apply what they have learned during the lecture phases.
To obtain the maximum benefit from this class, you should meet the following requirements:
- Perform basic operations on a personal computer
- Be familiar with the Microsoft Windows environment
- Have 6 months’ experience in forensic examinations.
CLASS MATERIALS AND SOFTWARE
You will receive the student training manual, training material and lab exercises.
Right tool + right way = right results faster
We prefer students bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, Teel Tech Canada will provide one for you. If you are unable to bring your own laptop, please indicate so on the registration page.
For students bringing a laptop to class, please ensure they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
- NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class