PC-3000 FLASH & MONOLITH DATA RECOVERY EXPERT TRAINING
Teel Technologies Canada has recently partnered with ACELab in order to offer this 4 day PC-3000 FLASH and MONOLITH Data Recovery Expert training course. Students attending this training will receive in-depth education involving both Flash and MONOLITH Data recovery techniques, which include topics such as; the organization of information storage in NAND memory based drives, the PC-3000 Flash system, the stages of working on data recovery tasks, and much more.
Below we’ve listed the full course outline. Should you have any questions about this class, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Course Code:
- Duration: 4 Days
- Laptop Required?: No
- This class is open to forensic professionals
This is a great class to take if you are trying to be a pro at flash data recovery. loved it!!!!
What Will I Learn?
1. Introduction & Concepts
- Structure flowchart of NAND memory devices.
- Classification of damages of Flash memory based devices.
2. Memory Chips
- Types of memory chip cases.
- Memory chip internals.
- Memory chip identification. Degrees of importance.
- Characteristics of reading algorithm. SDR and DDR chips.
3. Organization of Information Storage in NAND Memory Based Drives
- Tendencies in drive development.
- Page and Block in memory chip.
- Memory chip ID.
4. PC-3000 Flash System
- Structure and application.
- Main strategy and structure of PC-3000 Flash.
- Task structure.
5. Stages of Working on Data Recovery Tasks
6. Reading of Memory Chips
- Readout circuit chip dump.
- Reference memory chips.
- “Direct” readout chip.
- What PC-3000 Flash can do during chip reading into dump.
7. Block Diagram of Controller Operation
8. Data Preparation Algorithm
Methods of Data Preparation:
- Join by bytes.
- Bitwise inversion.
- XOR elimination.
- Page transformation.
- Internal Interleave elimination.
- External Interleave elimination.
- Additional operations.
9. ECC – Bit Error Correction
- Causes of errors.
- ECC type Auto detection.
- Additional ways of improving data quality result.
10. Verification of Applied Data Preparation Steps
- Raw Recovery.
- Verification of applied data preparation steps.
- Data preparation implementation. Ways to check if data preparation is done correctly.
11. Algorithms of Image Generation
- Block Number.
- Different types of markers.
- Image building based on data analysis.
12. Data Recovery in Automatic Mode
- Global Solution Center.
- Additional research modes.
13. Analysis and Improvement of Built Image
- Data quality analysis.
- Versions for block.
- Shifts between banks.
- Disk analysis.
- Partition analysis.
- Addition of virtual partition.
PRACTICE: At this training seminar you will be taught to solve wide variety of tasks: from
the easiest to very complex and even unusual ones. Each attendee can choose difficulty
level and try to solve this type of task. The technique of drive dismantling, memory chip
unsoldering and their preparation for reading process will be demonstrated at training
The training will take place on the last version of PC-3000 Flash. 1 month of free
Technical Support is provided for PC-3000 Flash for all students who completed
the “Data recovery technologies for NAND based drives” training seminar.
An overview of the different types of monolith drives based on NAND Flash memory
Features & Challenges
- Evaluation pins, transition holes, traces, including implementation details and sizes.
- An overview of the tools and methods required for stripping the ceramic layer of the monolith drive.
- Monolith database, conditions of access, and searching for pinout.
- PC-3000 Flash Circuit Board – the universal adapter for working with monolith chips.
Functions & Possibilities
- An overview of tools, methods and the specific materials needed for monolith chip soldering.
- Installation of soldered monolith chip onto a Circuit Board adapter.
- The choosing of a power supply mode, and the usage of internal and external power supply source.
- Reading a memory chip dump – including: features, possible problems and solutions.
- Data recovery with the help of PC-3000 Flash system.
During this training, students are required to pass all the necessary steps required for demonstrating
in-depth knowledge of stripping the monolith ceramic layer, soldering and
reading data from monolith chips.