This 4 Day Forensics Video Field Technician Certificate (FVFTC) will assist front-line law enforcement personnel with the capture of video from CCTV systems and the extraction or production of still images from that video. At the completion of the class, the student must then pass a final exam before being awarded their certificate of completion.
After taking this course, the student will have demonstrated proficiency with the following lesson materials as they relate to the role of the Video Field Technician (VFT):
- A Brief History of CCTV and its Implementation 30 minutes The student will define the acronym “CCTV”, and review the history of CCTV and its uses in public and private spaces.
- Foundations of Video and CCTV Systems 120-180 minutes The student will be introduced to the components of CCTV systems and issues relating to the capture of video from these systems.
- Information Management and Security 30 minutes The student will be introduced to issues relating to information management and security. The discussion will center on the obligations of the VFT to adhere to his or her organization’s standards.
- Obtaining Video and Still Images from CCTV Systems 60-120 minutes The student will receive instruction as to the options available to him/ her when extracting or producing still images from video.
- An Introduction to Forensic Video Analysis 30 minutes The student will be introduced to the field of Forensic Video Analysis with an emphasis placed on the VFT’s role in the proper collection of evidence.
Receive a discount when you purchase DVR Examiner, VFT Field Response Kit of VFT laptop. Contact us for more details.
We prefer students bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, Teel Tech Canada will provide one for you. If you are unable to bring your own laptop, please indicate so on the registration page.
For students bringing a laptop to class, please ensure they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
- NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class