Ultra Tec Polishing Machines
Enabling Mobile Device Forensics
The unstoppable move on communications and computing to mobile devices creates ever new challenges for digital forensics. New levels of device encryption across a range of hardware and software platforms requires new, high accuracy, high yield chip-access techniques.
Advanced Chip-Off Techniques
For the collection of hard-to-access digital evidence. ULTRA TEC provides a suite of tools for advanced chip-off, de-lidding, decapsulations and surface preparation. Using market-tested mechanical and chemical techniques, our systems enable access to board, module and component-level devices for subsequent electrical and optical analysis.
Using the non-heat polishing process to remove epoxy from a BGA chip removed from an Android cell phone. The process also includes the use of the Planar Fixture to ensure accuracy in the polishing process
In this video, Bob demonstrates the full process of a cut out chip where the PCB is removed and the chip is polished to the point that it is “like new” for reading in a programmer/SD Adapter.
UltraPol Advanced Bundle Kit
Product Code: AP-ULTRA-BUNDLE
The UltraPol Advanced Bundle Kit offers everything you’ll need to get started in the safe removal, cleaning, and troubleshooting of BGA chips.
The Bundle Kit includes:
- Electro-plated 8″ Diamond Grinding Plate with PSA, 320 mesh – EQ-DGP-8PB320
- Electro-plated 8″ Diamond Grinding Plate with PSA, 1500mesh – EQ-DGP-8PB1500
- Electro-plated 8″ Diamond Grinding Plate with PSA, 2000mesh – EQ-DGP-8PB2000
- 1 – 8″ Dia.x 0.8 mm Thick. Permanent Magnetic Sheet with PSA Backing
- 2 – 8″ Dia x 0.7mm Thick Steel Buffer Sheet
- Roll of double sided tape
- ULTRAPOL Water System:
- 320 gph statuary fountain pump
- 1- 4 ft foot length of clear 3/4 ID X 1 OD
- 1- 4 Ft length of clear 3/8 ID X 1/2 OD
- 4 – Adjustable clamps for each hose
- 1 – Plastic bucket for water and pump
- Ultratec Manual Parallel Polish Fixture – Includes 3 parallel polishing sample mounts
More Ultra Tec Products
Product Code: AP-ULTRA-BASIC
ULTRAPOL Basic lapping and polishing machine offers the build-quality required for high precision manual polishing. They system has an 8 inch replaceable polishing plate, faucet coolant and dual lap direction.
- Cost-effective manual polisher.
- Can be used with manual tools.
- High Quality Build – long lasting.
Manual Polishing Tool
Product Code: AP-ULTRA-UPF201S
- Great delayering results for a low cost
- Easy to use, easy to align
- Rugged stainless steel wear feet
Product Code: AP-ULTRA-UTBSS
- Replacement Stainless Steel Wear Feet
- 4 Replacement Sets for the UPF201S Manual Polishing Tool
Diamond Plate Kit
Product Code: AP-ULTRA-DPL
Recommended for more steady and precise chip removal.
- Electro-plated 8″ Dia. Diamond Grinding Plate with PSA, 320 mesh
- Electro-plated 8″ Dia. Diamond Grinding Plate with PSA, 1500mesh
- Electro-plated 8″ Dia. Diamond Grinding Plate with PSA, 2000mesh
- (2) 8″ Dia.x 0.8 mm Thick. Permanent Magnetic Sheet with PSA Backing
- (2) 8″ Dia x 0.7mm Thick Steel Buffer Sheet
- 4 pcs of High Quality Wax Sticks for Samples Bonding
ULTRAPOL Water System
Product code: AP-ULTRA-PUMP
Water system that allows the machine to be self-sustainable. Allows running of the system without plumbing to the wall.
- 320Gph Pump
- 1 x 4 ft foot length of clear 3/4 ID X 1 OD
- 1 X 4 Ft length of clear 3/8 ID X 1/2 OD
- 1X plastic bucket for water and pump
- Reducing Coupling
- Hose Clamps
- Plumbers Tape
- Spray Bottle
ULTRAPOL Disc Retainer Band
Product code: AP-ULTRA-BAND
Replacement Disc Retainer Band