PC-3000 HDD Data Recovery Expert Trainingby ACELabs
HARDWARE SOLUTIONS IN DATA RECOVERY
PC-3000 Technology. Data Recovery Process Arrangement
Teel Technologies is proud to partner with ACELab in offering this PC-3000 HDD Data Recovery Expert Training course. Students attending this training will receive in-depth education involving HDD Data Recovery using PC-3000 Portable III / Express / UDMA.
- Correct ways to organize data recovery process when using PC-3000 Portable III / Express / UDMA.
- How to identify the hard drive family and the most common mistakes when identifying hard
- HDD serial port and what is special in using various adapters.
- Peculiarities and nuances you should know to connect USB drives: Samsung, WD.
- Initial diagnostics of hard disk drives.
- Practice identifying hard drive families and connecting hard disk drives through the serial port.
Typical Damages of HDA, PCB, and Techniques to Handle Them
- Spindle motor – six main reasons why spindle motor does not get started. Types of bearings and spindle motor coil schemes. Techniques for diagnosing damages.
- Practice: Correct steps for finding malfunctions on a drive that does not start its spindle motor: (measuring spindle motor coils resistance, spindle motor launch check, heads stack preamplifier isolation for exluding it from diagnostics, removal of jammed heads from disk surface etc.)
- Platters – current various density of surfaces in HSA. How to diagnose damaged platters. Data Extractor Techniques to read data from HDD with multiple BAD-sectors.
- Heads – differences between physical and logical head maps. Factory disabled heads, read/write element assembly, Micro JOG concept. Damages of heads, safely repair HDD and replace the inner parts of HDD using HDD Surgery tools, methods to clear heads, search for donors to replace HSA. PC-3000 Techniques to diagnose heads. Reading data at unstable reading with the help of Data Extractor.
- PCB – identification of key components on PCB. Methods to find damages and repair PCB. Donor PCB adaptation.
- Practice: How to detect damaged components on PCB, how to correctly adapt donor PCB.
- Course Code: AT-PC3-HDD
- Duration: 4 Days
- Class Size: 8 min – 10 max
- Additional Details:
- • This class is open to forensic professionals and data recovery specialists.
- • Due to the sensitive nature of our curriculum, and industry, all potential students are subject to vetting prior to enrollment. We reserve the right to refuse registration to any person that does not meet our established criteria.
- * Prices will be converted to CAD at the time of quotation.
Software Solutions in Data Recovery
- Two parts of microprogram – HDD startup initialization sequence. Microprogram structure in ROM. How to better use PC-3000 Portable III / Express / UDMA when working with HDD in Kernel or Safe mode.
- HDD service area – location, SA copies, service information modules, module catalogues, methods to access. Module catalogue coordinate and service area regions. HDD Modules importance level. How to apply PC-3000 Portable III / Express / UDMA to diagnose and repair service information.
- Practice: Techniques for checking service information and start the drive if it hangs at initialization, if capacity is determined as 0, if computer is not detected in BIOS.
- HDD TRANSLATOR (USER DATA STORAGE ARRANGEMENT)
(USER DATA STORAGE ARRANGEMENT)
- Why translator is so important to get access to user data.
- Importance of initial modules to get translation tables.
- Techniques for recovering and repairing translator and auxiliary modules with the help of PC-3000 Portable III / Express / UDMA.
- Practice: Data recovery when translator modules and auxiliary translator modules are damaged.
- Static and dynamic parts of HDD translator. Correlation between dynamic part and head map. MR-Head Shift Technology – how to adjust dynamic part of translator if MR-Heads are damaged.
- Practice: Data recovery when one or several head/s is/are damaged, MR-Head Shift Technology for data recovery when drives produce knocking sound (Western Digital, Seagate, Samsung).
Boosting Data Recovery Skills
- HOT-SWAP as universal method to recover data – Looking for matching donor and adapting donor for HOT-SWAP.
- How to efficiently recover data from USB drives – Testing and getting access to user data through serial port. How to connect SATA connector to USB drive PCB. Data recovery techniques for Full Encrypted HDD with USB 3.0.
- Data Extractor as powerful system for data recovery – what is special in using Data Extractor at recovering data of particular file systems. How to use Raw Recovery mode in efficient way.
- Case Studies – On Data Extractor to recover data when service areas of file systems are damaged.
Exclusive training on HDD data recovery from ACE Lab in the Canada.
Unique opportunity to acquire the skills of recovering data from damaged HDDs
Efficient combination of theoretical knowledge and numerous practical cases of data recovery
Individual approach is guaranteed to every student
There are no prerequisites for students. Laptops will be provided at the course location.
Upon completion, the student will get:
- Essential knowledge and basic skills for HDD data recovery with PC-3000 and Data Extractor
- Official ACE Lab Data Recovery Certificate
You will get 3 days of remote training online of about 4-5 hours each day.