Embedded Hardware Acquisition & Analysis Forensic TrainingFor Digital Forensic Examiners
Dive Into The World of Embedded Hardware Forensics!
Our NEW 5-day Embedded Hardware Acquisition & Analysis Forensic Training will focus on processes that can be used to access digital data at the physical level from sources that include:
- IOT Devices
- Smart TV’s
- Vehicle Systems (This portion of the training will focus on acquisition processes not supported or taught by Berla. For comprehensive Vehicle Forensics training, please visit Berla.)
- and almost every other device that utilizes a main board, controller chip and some forms of flash memory.
Students will be provided with a foundation of how electronics work in relation to the techniques being used in this training. The processes taught will include tools from cost effective sources, open source resources, and commercial tools.
Students will learn how to adapt techniques like JTAG, ISP, Chip-Off, and apply it to embedded communication protocols such as SPI, i2C, UART and more, in order to exploit components and recover data from various sources like embedded code and the flash memory of controller chips. Data from these sources can then be analyzed for evidence or malware artifacts.
- Course Code: AT-EHAAT
- Duration: 5 Days
- Laptop Required?: Yes
- This class is open to all forensic professionals.
- *Please Note: Due to the sensitive nature of our curriculum, and industry, all potential students are subject to vetting prior to enrollment. We reserve the right to refuse registration to any person that does not meet our established criteria.
We prefer students bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, Teel Tech Canada will provide one for you. If you are unable to bring your own laptop, please indicate so on the registration page.
For students bringing a laptop to class, please ensure they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
- NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class.