Our traditional in-class 5-day Complete SQLite Forensic Training has moved online! This new 10-day course combines both our SQLite Fundamentals class with our Advanced SQLite Forensics. Our live, instructor-led, online training provides you with the same in-depth SQLite learning experience as our on-site training over the course of 10 – 4 hour days.
Live online events
Why SQLite Forensics?
Both Google’s Android OS and Apple’s iOS are the dominant forces in today’s cellphone market – with the market share split fairly evenly between the two companies. While these two companies are rivals, with vastly different file systems, they do share one commonality; both use SQLite as a storage container for user data. “SQLite is an in-process library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine.”
Mobile Forensic Analysts can easily leverage this commonality by learning the skills required to perform low-level analysis and recovery on SQLite databases. Once learned and mastered, examiners, can then support nearly 99% of the device data they will come across in most of their mobile device examinations.
To illustrate the vast amount of work to be done, as of January 2015, the Google Play Store reported 1.43 Million Applications being available in its Google Play Store. At the same time, Apple’s iTunes Store reported over 1.4 Million apps currently being available for download. That’s a total of over 2.8 MILLION apps. Even the most popular mobile forensic tool only supports parsing of 200 different applications. This support accounts for a miniscule %001 of the total apps and leaves a 99.999% gap!
We prefer students bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, Teel Tech Canada will provide one for you. If you are unable to bring your own laptop, please indicate so on the registration page.
For students bringing a laptop to class, please ensure they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
- NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class.
FREE! Students attending our SQLite Training will receive:
- A full version of Sanderson Forensics SQLite Forensic Toolkit software ($595 USD value.)
- USB flash drive (or in the case of online students – a link to a drive image) with SQLite Library full of useful scripts used in class, all course exercises/materials/software and hundreds of pages of SQLite documentation
SQLite Fundamentals - Week 1
Advanced SQLite Forensics Week 2