ADVANCED FLASHER BOX & BOOTLOADER FORENSICS
In this 5-day class, participants will gain an in-depth understanding of today’s most useful and effective flasher boxes and bootloader utilities to unlock and acquire mobile device memory. Applicable to both high-end Android devices, such as the Samsung and similar, down to the low-end devices from manufacturers such as BLU and others that use the low-cost MediaTek and Chinese chipsets, such tools and techniques enable examiners to expand their options when addressing such devices.
In the Flasher Box portion of the class, students will gain an overview of today’s best Flasher Box tools, and install and use them to image devices. A selection of today’s most useful boxes will be supplied for students to install and image devices, and a complimentary collection of boxes will be provided to the students to take home with them after class.
In the bootloader part of the class, students learn how bootloaders are applied to access device partitions for unlock or bypass lock purposes. Lessons in using ADB Commands, identifying whether a phone has a FRP lock and how to bypass it, and use CWM and TWRP to unlock a device, access memory and image the device.
Practical lessons on a variety of devices will be provided, devoting plenty of time to hands-on work.
Included with Training
FREE! Students Receive the Teel Tech Canada Flasher and Unlock Kit with Class!
The kit consists of:
- NCK Dongle
- XTC clip with the Y cable
- EFT Dongle
- Course Code: AT-FLASHBOX
- Duration: 5 Days
- Laptop Required?: Yes
- This class is open to all forensic professionals.
- *Please Note: Due to the sensitive nature of our curriculum, and industry, all potential students are subject to vetting prior to enrollment. We reserve the right to refuse registration to any person that does not meet our established criteria.
This is an amazing course. You will learn a lot. Veronica as a teacher is engaging and went to great lengths to make sure her slides were up to date as well as our tools. She provided us with lots of hands on experience in class. I can’t believe the amount of information that was recovered in just four days. Veronica pours her passion for her work into this course and I feel that this is one of the best courses to take. Especially when you are just starting to get into Advance Techniques.
We prefer students bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, Teel Tech Canada will provide one for you. If you are unable to bring your own laptop, please indicate so on the registration page.
For students bringing a laptop to class, please ensure they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
- NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class