ELCOMSOFT PASSWORD RECOVERY & DATA DECRYPTION
This class is offered in partnership with Elcomsoft, Russia’s leading password recovery, data decryption and mobile forensics service providers.
In this 3-day Password Recovery and Data Decryption for Mobile Forensics Course, students will develop an in-depth knowledge of password protection and data encryption techniques used in mobile forensics. The attendees will further master modern technologies for password recovery, mobile forensics, data extraction and decryption.
In Part 1 of this course students are led through the fundamentals of Mobile Forensics including; an overview of common platforms, operating systems, workflow, logical acquisition, physical acquisition, and cloud based acquisition.
In Part 2 students will be instructed in the fundamentals of Encryption, Data Protection, and Passwords, including; brute force, smart attacks, dictionary attacks, how to avoid lengthy attacks, and much more.
Attendees who successfully pass the class assignments will be given a certificate of completion.
- Course Code: AT-ELCOMSOFT
- Duration: 3 Days
- Laptop Required?: Yes
- This class is open to all forensic professionals.
Bundle & Save
Get 30% Off Password Recovery Bundle (Forensic Edition) when you register for Elcomsoft Training!
Other discounts include:
- 20% off Elcomsoft Password Recovery Tools.
- Existing customers will receive a 2 month license extension.
- 20% off product renewals.
- A FREE license for Forensic Disk Decryptor (a $599 value.)
I left with a far better understanding of the linear differences between backup / sync features which I had not previously investigated. I found that it has already paid for itself in our interaction with investigators. Probably one of the better instruction training I have had in a while. I will definitely be recommending Vlad and Oleg for future training with our members. Good job guys.
Who can take this course?
This training course has been designed for digital forensic investigators, law enforcement personnel, e-discovery, and IT security specialists looking to further develop their mobile forensic skill sets to encompass password recovery and data encryption.
What Will I Learn?
Introduction to the Elcomsoft training program.
- Data protection methods and solutions.
- Cryptography: encryption algorithms and hash functions.
- Encryption in Microsoft Office: working with Elcomsoft products to decrypt documents.
- Lab: Using Elcomsoft products to break MS Office document.
- Password protection in archives: working with Elcomsoft products to decrypt archives.
- Lab: Using Elcomsoft products to break ZIP and RAR archives.
- Password protection: weak and strong algorithms. history and evolution.
- Passwords stored in internet browsers: Elcomsoft Internet Password Breaker.
- Lab: Acquiring passwords with Elcomsoft Internet Password Breaker: making and using dictionaries.
- Human factor in password protection: facts and statistics.
- Password protection in Adobe PDF: advanced PDF password recovery.
- Lab: Using results of Elcomsoft Internet Password Breaker to break MS Office, archives and PDF files.
- Encryption in crypto-containers: forensic analysis with Elcomsoft Forensic Disk Decryptor.
- Lab: Using Elcomsoft Forensic Disk Decryptor to get access to crypto-containers.
- Hardware acceleration for password recovery: using Cloud services.
- Lab: Computer from the crime scene: forensic analysis and data extraction.
- Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery: program architecture, setting up server and agents.
- Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery: supported file formats, speed of password recovery, using GPU acceleration.
- Lab: Breaking passwords with Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery
- Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery: attacks based on human factor; using mutations and masks.
- Lab: Using advanced attacks to break passwords.
- Apple iTunes backups: decryption and forensic analysis.
- Using Elcomsoft Phone Breaker and Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery to break iTunes password.
- Lab: Exploring iTunes Backup
- Windows administrator password: using Elcomsoft System Recovery and Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery.
- Lab: Breaking into suspect’s computer. Forensic analysis and data extraction.
- Brief introduction of Mobile Forensics products.
- Lab: Analyzing suspect’s files, breaking passwords using human factor.
All attendees are invited to do a practical exercise on mobile forensics. Using a proper workflow for seizing and storing mobile devices to preserve evidence, and using all available acquisition steps in the right order are essential parts of the training.
Attendees will be using the skills and knowledge acquired during the training to perform acquisition of a given iPhone device. Attendees who successfully pass the assignments will be awarded a certificate.
Students registering for this class will receive a free copy of Mobile Forensics: Advanced Investigative Strategies.
About the Instructors
Oleg Afonin is a researcher and an expert in digital forensics. He is a frequent speaker at industry-known conferences such as CEIC, HTCIA, FT-Day, Techno Forensics and others. Oleg co-authored multiple publications on IT security and mobile forensics. With years of experience in digital forensics and security domain, Oleg led forensic training courses for law enforcement departments in multiple countries.
Vladimir Katalov is CEO, co-founder and co-owner of ElcomSoft Co.Ltd. Vladimir manages all technical research and product development in the company. He regularly presents on various events and runs security and computer forensics training both for foreign and inner (Russian) computer investigative committees and other law enforcement organizations.
We prefer students bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, Teel Tech Canada will provide one for you. If you are unable to bring your own laptop, please indicate so on the registration page.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.