ACELab PC-3000 Flash, Monolith, & SSD Data Recovery Training
Teel Technologies Canada has recently partnered with ACELab in order to offer this 5-day PC-3000 FLASH, MONOLITH, & SSD Data Recovery Expert Training. Students attending this training will receive in-depth education involving both Flash, MONOLITH, and SSD Data recovery techniques, which include topics such as; the organization of information storage in NAND memory based drives, the PC-3000 Flash system, the stages of working on data recovery tasks, and much more.
PC-3000 Flash Data Recovery Technologies for NAND-Based Drives Training
Digital forensics experts and data recovery professionals, who need to restore damaged NAND-based drives, including monolith devices (MicroSD; xD; SD, UFD, MS in monolith package), are invited to attend.
This training course provides you a comprehensive pathway of all steps necessary for NAND Flash memory and monoliths data recovery with the help of PC-3000 Flash.
PC-3000 Flash is a professional solution for recovering data from all types of flash drives: USB Flash Drives, SD cards, microSD cards, etc.
The training classes are fully equipped with 8 individual workstations with everything necessary to train a data recovery engineer under the guidance of the highly experienced ACE Lab instructors.
- Exclusive training on NAND technologies from ACE Lab in Canada
- Unique opportunity to acquire the skills of recovering data from damaged monoliths
- Efficient combination of theoretical knowledge and numerous practical cases of data recovery
- Individual approach is guaranteed to every student
- Official certificate upon completion of the training
- 1st day Theoretical overview of NAND memory theory. How PC-3000 Flash can help.
- 2nd day Detailed study of the PC-3000 Flash functionality. Real-life examples followed by practical exercises based on real cases.
- 3rd day Practical tasks helping to consolidate the new knowledge and to gain a complete picture of how to perform NAND data recovery and how to use the PC-3000 Flash in the most efficient way.
- 4th day Monoliths. Installation of monolith chip into a Spider Board adapter.
- 5th day SSD – Techniques for diagnosis and determination of malfunction, and two approaches to data recovery from SSD drives using PC-3000 SSD
- Course Code: AT-PC3000-FLASH/SSD
- Duration: 5 Days
- Laptop Required?: No
- This class is open to forensic professionals
- *Please Note: Due to the sensitive nature of our curriculum, and industry, all potential students are subject to vetting prior to enrollment. We reserve the right to refuse registration to any person that does not meet our established criteria.
This is a great class to take if you are trying to be a pro at flash data recovery. loved it!!!!
What Will I Learn?
- Structure flowchart of NAND memory devices.
- Classification of damages of Flash memory based devices.
2. Memory Chips
- Types of memory chip cases.
- Memory chip internals.
- Memory chip identification. Degrees of importance.
- Characteristics of reading algorithm. SDR and DDR chips.
3. Organization of Information Storage in NAND Memory Based Drives
- Tendencies in drive development.
- Page and Block in memory chip.
- Memory chip ID.
4. PC-3000 Flash System
- Structure and application.
- Main strategy and structure of PC-3000 Flash.
- Task structure.
5. Stages of Working on Data Recovery Tasks 6. Reading of Memory Chips
- Readout circuit chip dump.
- Reference memory chips.
- “Direct” readout chip.
- What PC-3000 Flash can do during chip reading into dump.
7. Block Diagram of Controller Operation 8. Data Preparation Algorithm Methods of Data Preparation:
- Join by bytes.
- Bitwise inversion.
- XOR elimination.
- Page transformation.
- Internal Interleave elimination.
- External Interleave elimination.
- Additional operations.
9. ECC – Bit Error Correction
- Causes of errors.
- ECC type Auto detection.
- Additional ways of improving data quality result.
10. Verification of Applied Data Preparation Steps
- Raw Recovery.
- Verification of applied data preparation steps.
- Data preparation implementation. Ways to check if data preparation is done correctly.
11. Algorithms of Image Generation
- Block Number.
- Different types of markers.
- Image building based on data analysis.
12. Data Recovery in Automatic Mode
- Global Solution Center.
- Additional research modes.
13. Analysis and Improvement of Built Image
- Data quality analysis.
- Versions for block.
- Shifts between banks.
- Disk analysis.
- Partition analysis.
- Addition of virtual partition.
PRACTICE: At this training seminar you will be taught to solve wide variety of tasks: from the easiest to very complex and even unusual ones. Each attendee can choose difficulty level and try to solve this type of task. The technique of drive dismantling, memory chip unsoldering and their preparation for reading process will be demonstrated at training The training will take place on the last version of PC-3000 Flash. 1 month of free Technical Support is provided for PC-3000 Flash for all students who completed the “Data recovery technologies for NAND based drives” training seminar.
An overview of the different types of monolith drives based on NAND Flash memory Features & Challenges
- Evaluation pins, transition holes, traces, including implementation details and sizes.
- An overview of the tools and methods required for stripping the ceramic layer of the monolith drive.
- Monolith database, conditions of access, and searching for pinout.
- PC-3000 Flash Spider Board – the universal adapter for working with monolith chips.
Functions & Possibilities
- An overview of tools, methods and the specific materials needed for monolith chip soldering.
- Installation of monolith chip into a Spider Board adapter.
- The choosing of a power supply mode, and the usage of internal and external power supply source.
- Reading a memory chip dump – including: features, possible problems and solutions.
- Data recovery with the help of PC-3000 Flash system.
- Characteristics of data storage in SSD
- Software and hardware implementation of SSD
- PC-3000 SSD utility. Components. Features
- Technique of primary diagnosis and determination of the nature of malfunction
- Two approaches of data recovery from SSD
Practice – Solving of real cases on damaged drives:
- Indilinx Utility
- Van Gogh Utility
- Van Gogh2 Utility
- Intel Postville Utility
- Jmicron/Toshiba Utility
- Samsung Utility
- Seagate Utility
- OCZ Utility
The real damaged drives will be examined during the practice. Under the guidance of an experienced tutor you will acquire all the necessary skills and knowledge for data recovery and repair of modern SSD.
Students are not required to bring a laptop for this class. Workstations will be provided.