SQLite Forensics Training
Since their initial introduction in 2007, Smartphones have come to dominate the cellular phone marketplace quickly making feature phones nearly obsolete. This domination is split fairly evenly between two major companies: Google with their Android OS and Apple touting their own iOS. Even though both of these companies are business rivals and their file systems are significantly different, both share a commonality in that they both store a majority of their user data within a data storage container type called SQLite. “SQLite is an in-process library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine.” Mobile Forensic Analysts can easily leverage this commonality, by learning the skills required to perform low-level analysis and recovery on SQLite databases. Once learned and mastered, examiners can then support nearly 99% of the device data they will come across in the majority of their mobile device examinations.
To illustrate the vast amount of work to be done, as of January 2015, the Google Play Store reported 1.43 Million Applications being available in their Google Play Store. At the same time, Apple’s iTunes Store reported over 1.4 Million apps currently being available for download. That’s a total of over 2.8 MILLION apps. Even the most popular mobile forensic tool only supports parsing of 200 different applications. This support accounts for a miniscule %001 of the total apps and leaves a 99.999% gap!
SQLite Course Details
- Course Code: AT-SQLITE
- Duration: 3 Days
- Laptop Required?: Yes
- This class is for Sworn Law Enforcement only
Combine & Save with SQLite Complete
This new class combines both our regular SQLite Forensics and Advanced classes into one class at a discounted rate of $4800.00 CAD.
Great course. The exercises are well set up to immediately practice the skills taught in class. In a great mixture of theory/practice. I now feel confident browsing data within a SQlite DB. Thanks.SQLite Forensics - Ottawa, 2017
What Will I Learn?
This class will help examiners close that gap by teaching the students:
- How SQLite works at the byte-level
- What are the different types of SQLite data components
- What are the 5 common locations to recover SQLite data
- How to perform report data validation
- How to Reverse Engineer ANY SQLite database
- Converting and identifying virtually any date format easily
- Display BLOB data within the forensic tool
- How to use a tool designed from the ground-up as a forensic tool
- How to recover data from .SHM, .WAL and .journal files
- How to generate reports quickly from any SQLite database to include external linked images
This IS the future of digital mobile forensics!
Included with Training
FREE! Students attending our SQLite Training will receive:
- A full version of Sanderson Forensics SQLite forensic toolkit software ($495 value.)
- USB flashdrive with SQLite Library full of useful scripts used in class, all course exercises/materials/software and hundreds of pages of SQLite documentation
We prefer students bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, Teel Tech Canada will provide one for you. If you are unable to bring your own laptop, please indicate so on the registration page.
For students bringing a laptop to class, please ensure they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
- NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class.