COLD CHIP-OFF FORENSICS
Our NEW 2-Day Cold Chip-Off Training offers digital forensics professionals new techniques for removing memory and other IC chips from digital devices using a “no heat” process. In this class you’ll explore the latest trends and tools for chip removal, with a focus on milling, polishing, and reballing.
Students attending our Cold Chip-Off class will receive in-depth instruction, and first-hand experience in; the use of a Bantam Tools PCB Milling Machine, and UltraTec Polishing Machines, with a focus on practicing reballing techniques for reads, and will conclude with data acquisition.
As this class is meant to build upon our Chip-Off 2.0 with Certification training, it is recommended that students interested in this course have a good theoretical and practical understanding of chip preparation, handling, and removal techniques.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Students attending this class will receive an Essential Kit for Reballing and the handling of chips which includes:
- BGA Reballing Station Chip Holder Repair Base
- 4 Stencils (BGA 221, BGA529, BGA169/162, UFS BGA95)
- Lead Free SMT Low Heat Solder Paste (Sample Size)
- Aluminum Foil Tape (Sample Size)
- Course Code: AT-COLD-CHIP
- Duration: 2 Days
- Laptop Required?: Yes
- This class is for Sworn Law Enforcement only
A Preview of the Reballing-Tinning Process and Polishing
Watch mobile forensic expert Bob Elder walk you through the 2 stage reballing-tinning process of BGA Chips. This is just a small example of some of the techniques you’ll learn when you register for the Advanced BGA Chip-off course through Teel Tech Canada.
What Will I Learn?
- Review of Chip Off process
- Introduction to UFS chips
- Alternative way to reball a chip
- Non heat chip removal using the milling process
- Non heat chip removal with the polishing process
- Demos and student hands on practical of both processes
- Continued milling and polishing practice
- Using the Medusa Pro for chip off reads
- Alternative Reading Tools for chip off
- Introduction of DediProg UFS reader with student practical
We prefer students bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, Teel Tech Canada will provide one for you. If you are unable to bring your own laptop, please indicate so on the registration page.
For students bringing a laptop to class, please ensure they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
- NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class
- Cellebrite P.A. Dongle
- Encase, FTK, X-Ways Dongle
- Access to a HEX editor
- External USB 3.0 Storage Device
This class is for Sworn Law Enforcement ONLY.
For questions regarding this policy, please contact us at email@example.com or (250) 893-6125