Advanced Acquisition Vehicle Forensics Trainingwith certification
About Our NEW Advanced Acquisition Vehicle Forensics Training
This in-depth 5-day training course will provide students with an elevated understanding of advanced acquisition and decoding techniques of data recovered from vehicle infotainment and navigation systems, as well as other electronic control units, using advanced data recovery and decoding techniques like Chip-off and ISP.
What You Will Learn
Join us and discover the vast amounts of data that can be recovered from automotive infotainment and navigation systems and learn how your findings can be applied to your case or investigation.
The course curriculum consists of:
- Instructor Lectures,
- Hands-On Demonstrations,
- and Practical Exercises.
Our goal is to maximize your experience by providing you with hands-on exercises that include:
- The removal of memory chips from circuit boards and performing the non-destructive In-System Programming (ISP) to recover data for decoding,
- Demonstrate Chip-Off data acquisition techniques for vehicles and systems that may have been damaged due to collision, fire, or water damage.
The intent of this course is to provide options to forensics examiners that go above and beyond the scope of the Berla iVe.
- Course Code: AT-VFT
- Duration: 5 Days
- Additional Details:
- This class is open to all forensic professionals.
- Due to the sensitive nature of our curriculum, and industry, all potential students are subject to vetting prior to enrollment. We reserve the right to refuse registration to any person that does not meet our established criteria.
- * Prices will be converted to CAD at the time of quotation.
Course Topics Include:
- Overview of data stored in vehicles
- Common OEM and aftermarket navigation and infotainment systems, as well as electronic control units
- Flash memory and its characteristics, identification of flash memory, and researching support for data extractions
- Best practice methods and proper use of workbench gear and equipment to increase student proficiency
- ISP/ Direct eMMC as a non-destructive advanced data extraction method
- Chip Off as a destructive advanced data extraction method
- Various hardware and software including Berla iVe, Medusa Pro II, UP828P, ATOLA, PC-3000, and more
- Automated data decoding using Berla iVe, the industry standard for vehicle forensics
- Introduction of software applications to assist examiners with manual decoding of data for unsupported memory chips, file systems, files and unallocated data
Who Should Attend:
- Digital Forensic Examiners, Automobile Theft Detectives, Crash Investigators
- Individuals and teams looking to learn the skills required to recover and analyze data from automobile navigation and infotainment systems
- Individuals and teams looking to gain the hands-on skills to remove chips from boards, as well as solder to perform ISP and other extraction methods
- Individuals and teams looking to get a better understanding of how to decode the proprietary file formats obtained from automobiles for analysis in Berla, X-ways and other digital forensic tools.
• A collection of data decoding software.
• Teel Technologies Advanced Acquisition Vehicle Forensics Certification
• A fundamental understanding of digital forensics background is useful.
• Willingness to learn concepts and techniques to recover data.
• Patience and a steady hand!
*While not a prerequisite, it is recommended that students have a basic understanding of JTAG, Chip-Off, and ISP processes, as it will assist them in grasping some of the techniques covered in this fast-paced class.